Sterling Silver Byzantine Chain

Sterling silver is a high purity form of silver. While the purest form of silver contains 99.9% silver, sterling silver contains 92.5% silver. Pure silver cannot be used for jewelry purposes because it is too soft to harden and keep that texture. This is the reason for sterling silver being the common type of silver for jewelry. The other 7.5% is made up of copper and other base metals. The reason for these metals being added in is that it alloys the silver and allows it to be shaped and kept hardened. This is essential for jewelry purposes, as you do not want your jewelry to crumble into pieces, obviously.

Byzantine chains incorporate a metal link style. With the Byzantine design, four different chains link through each other. These pieces also feature a texture that can be compared to rope. Byzantine chains tend to be flexible, free hanging, and classy. The links in a Byzantine chain will keep changing in direction instead of going in the same direction like the box chain design. The Byzantine chain design is one of the better variations of the basic box chain concept that is also common in jewelry pieces. A

What is a Sterling Silver Byzantine Chain?
If you were to combine the last two sections of text, you would get the description of a sterling silver Byzantine chain. It is basically a piece of jewelry that features the Byzantine chain link style and is made out of sterling silver (92.5% silver plus 7.5% base metals). For future reference, a sterling silver Byzantine chain may also be referred to as a birds’ cage chain, Etruscan chain, and a few other names.

Identifying a Sterling Silver Byzantine Chain
First off, if you want to identify a sterling silver Byzantine chain, you will have to look at the two different characteristics that make up the chain. This would be the material used to make the chain and the style of the chain’s design. There will be a stamp on the jewelry, which is made by the manufacturer, to state that the material used to make the chain is sterling silver.

The other part of identifying a sterling silver Byzantine chain will be to look at the design. If the piece of jewelry features four entwined chain links that follow the description for this type of chain then it would be a Byzantine chain. Now, if this style of chain has that design feature and is marked with a sterling silver stamp, then you will know that it is a sterling silver Byzantine chain. If you are buying the chain at a retail jewelry shop then you will not have to worry about identifying the chain by yourself.

Buying a Sterling Silver Byzantine Chain
Many people opt to buying a sterling silver Byzantine chain instead of a sterling silver box link chain because the design is more intricate and appealing. There is also a decent selection of sterling silver Byzantine chains available so you will be able to find one that is styled to appeal to your taste perfectly.

Besides creating a budget and looking for a visually appealing piece, you should also know where you could look to buy a sterling silver Byzantine chain. Buying at a local jewelry store is usually a good option but the selection may be limited. Buying used is not a good idea unless you can get a really good deal on a quality assured chain.

The better choice may be to buy the sterling silver Byzantine chain online from a trusted retailer or private seller. This would most likely give you a better deal and you will also have a larger selection of these chains to choose from. If this interests you, then take a look at the deals that are available online but make sure that you stick with your set budget still.

Sterling silver Byzantine chains are very appealing. They receive a lot more attention for their intricate and creative design than most other variations of the box link chain. They are also a much superior choice to the typical box link chain as there is more going on in the design. A sterling silver Byzantine chain would be a great piece of jewelry for you to buy for yourself or as a gift for someone else. Just make sure that you shop around for the best design and the best price so you get the most out of your money.

Post a Response